Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3744
MRFF - 2020 Targeted Translation Research Accelerator Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The 2020 Targeted Translation Research Accelerator Grant Opportunity was announced as part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and is an Initiative under the Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative.
Objective: to support the development of novel preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic approaches and products for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
To achieve this an organisation will be funded to deliver the Accelerator as a comprehensive package of activities to improve outcomes for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Governance for the implementation of this project by the organisation will be provided by a board of experts appointed by the Minister for Health.
The successful independent organisation will be responsible for ensuring that the Accelerator:
- establishes through competitive processes two research centres, one for diabetes and one for cardiovascular disease to accelerate therapies for the prevention, early detection and treatment of disease related complications
- supports through competitive processes research projects on the potential common pathways interactions, and complexities for patients experiencing two or more of the following: Type 1 diabetes; Type 2 diabetes; and cardiovascular disease
- targets investment and related support through partnership projects to progress promising drug and device development projects, with a focus on promoting commercialisation of novel therapeutics and devices for diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- sources, nurtures and invests in early stage therapeutic research targets to transform diagnostic and therapeutic care for people with diabetes
- commissions and conducts research to support the health and commercial sectors to deliver transformations in diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Expected outcome: to improve knowledge and its translation into practice in order to reduce the burden of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and in accordance with s20 and s24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government entity.
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- an unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 3.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/ttra
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.