Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6301
Support Plantation Establishment 2023–24 (Round 1, Batches 1, 2 and 3)
Show close time for other time zones
Assessment and notification of outcomes will be divided into 3 batches. The table below identifies the cut-off dates for all 3 batches:
Batch 1 - closes 9:00 pm AEST on 15 August 2023 - ID 2022-734 - Closed
Batch 2 - closes 9:00 pm AEDT on 25 October 2023 - ID 2022-735 - Closed
Batch 3 - closes 9:00 pm AEDT on 24 January 2024 - ID 2023-1113 - Currently open for applications
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a Demand Driven (eligibility-based) process to apply to deliver services under the Support Plantation Establishment 2023–24 program.
- increase future plantation forest resources available for processing, as well as for plantation forest management, harvesting and haulage employment
- support private industry, First Nations businesses, farm foresters and state and territory government forestry bodies to expand the Australian plantation forest estate
- contribute to meeting Australia’s carbon emission reduction targets.
- increase domestic timber supply, particularly construction and manufacturing timber resources, to contribute to the demands of the Australian market
- support private industry, First Nations businesses, farm foresters and state and territory government forestry bodies to reduce their carbon footprint by storing it in plantation trees and to contribute to Australia’s carbon emission reduction targets
- support the retention and/or creation of regional jobs and support for regional communities.
To be eligible, you must be one of the following entity types:
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Sole Trader
If you are applying as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust the Trustee must have an eligible entity type as listed above.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above.
Please see section 4.2 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for additional eligibility requirements.
To apply you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- meet all eligibility criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application to the Community Grants Hub by:
- 9:00 pm AEST on or before 15 August 2023 if applying for funding in the first batch
- 9:00 pm AEDT on before 25 October 2023 if applying for funding in the second batch
- 9:00 pm AEDT on before 24 January 2024 if applying for funding in the third batch.
Please note: Application Form outage from 9:30 pm until 9:45 pm AEDT Tuesday 14 November 2023.
Please use updated version:
- Questions and Answers - version 7 - questions 72 and 73 added.
- Questions and Answers - version 6 - update to question 52 and questions 67 to 71 added.
Please use updated version:
- Support Plantation Establishment - Grant Opportunity Guidelines - version 2
- Support Plantation Establishment - Questions and Answers - version 5