Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3705
MRFF – EPCDR Initiative – 2020 Novel Coronavirus Vaccine Development Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Medical Research Future Fund Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research (EPCDR) Initiative aims to enable or support:
- high quality biomedical, clinical, health services and/or population health research that improves patient care
- translation of new discoveries into clinical practice
- new diagnoses, treatments and cures for those suffering from rare and debilitating conditions
- joint collaboration of consumers and researchers in undertaking research in emerging priority areas, and
- many Australians with debilitating conditions.
The objective of the 2020 Novel Coronavirus Vaccine Development Grant Opportunity is to accelerate research into the development of a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Given the rapidly evolving nature of the COVID-19 outbreak, applicants must propose research that will support the rapid development of a vaccine, including demonstration of partnerships that will provide access to critical resources necessary to complete the project.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund and the Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative is available on the Department’s website at: https://www.health.gov.au/mrff
Applications will only be accepted from NHMRC-approved Administering Institutions. A list of NHMRC-approved Administering Institutions is available for download from GrantConnect-GO documents, and on the NHMRC website at:
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the 2020 Novel Coronavirus Vaccine Development Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online Research Grants Management System (RGMS).