Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO1008
National Landcare Program - Environment Small Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The program will provide a total of up to $5 million in grants in 2017-18 to community, environment, and other groups to undertake eligible natural resource management activities that improve the quality of the local environment. The program will support projects that address the following National Landcare Program objective:
- to protect and conserve Australia’s water, plants and animals and the ecosystems in which they live and interact, in partnership with local communities.
The intended outcomes of the program are an:
- increase in the protection, rehabilitation and restoration of environmental assets
- increase in the natural resource management community delivering biodiversity and natural resources practice.
The grant will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project expenditure.
- The minimum grant amount is $5,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $50,000.
The maximum grant period is 12 months.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be a legal entity that can enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be 18 years of age or older, if you are applying as an individual.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- one of the 56 regional natural resource management organisations
- peak bodies (bodies that represent their members and have a charter of advancing their members in terms of development, research, process and advocacy)
- umbrella bodies (central coordinating organisations such as networks or collectives that represent smaller, independent bodies or organisations) or groups with a national or state/territory focus
- a political party, political organisation or lobbyist.
To be eligible your project must:
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $5,000 in eligible expenditure.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and must include one or more of the following:
- weed treatment
- pest or disease management
- erosion management
- education activities and raising community awareness/participation
- access management
- indigenous land and sea country planning
- recording of indigenous ecological knowledge
- administration support related to the project.
For more information on eligibility please refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
To apply, go to: https://www.business.gov.au/nlpesg
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.