Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5579
Foundation Partner for National Centre for Place-Based Collaboration
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via an open process to apply to deliver services under Portfolio Budget Statement Outcome 2, Program 2.1: Families and Communities until 30 June 2024.
This grant will fund a ‘Foundation Partner’ to deliver the first phase of work required to inform the establishment of a National Centre for Place-Based Collaboration (Nexus Centre).
The Nexus Centre is envisaged to be an independent, non-government entity that will work with and across governments, communities and other stakeholders around Australia to amplify the effects of existing and emerging place-based initiatives.
Initial funding of $2.5 million is available to 30 June 2024 to a single provider or consortium to:
- bring in key leaders across relevant sectors and governments who can drive the Nexus Centre’s agenda through investment and partnerships
- build consensus for, and design, a fully operational Nexus Centre
- deliver a range of foundational infrastructure activities
- develop arrangements for the transition to a longer-term funding base and governance structure to ensure the Centre’s longevity beyond 30 June 2024.
Further information is available at https://www.dss.gov.au/place-based-collaboration
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- be a permanent resident of Australia
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
and be one of the following entity types, a/an:
- company incorporated in Australia
- company incorporated by guarantee
- incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- incorporated association
- joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- not-for-profit organisation
- Australian local government body
- Australian state or territory government body
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
To apply go to the application form here.