Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5143
MRFF – EPCDR Initiative – 2021 Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions in Children and Adolescents Grant Opportunity
NHMRC Research Help Centre
Show close time for other time zones
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- develop or improve approaches for the early diagnosis of chronic musculoskeletal conditions occurring in children and/or
- generate knowledge that supports the development and implementation of improved therapeutic regimes and models of care for chronic musculoskeletal diseases in children.
The grant opportunity will fund projects in three Streams of research:
- Stream 1: Chronic autoimmune diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system: Examples include, but are not limited to, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, juvenile systemic lupus erythematosus and juvenile scleroderma.
- Stream 2: Chronic musculoskeletal pain: Examples include, but are not limited to, knee pain, lower back pain and neck pain, including complex pain syndromes and recurrent headache (regardless of aetiology).
- Stream 3: Congenital musculoskeletal diseases: Examples include, but are not limited to, muscular dystrophy, scoliosis and hip dysplasia.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by improving health care for children and adolescents with chronic musculoskeletal conditions by developing superior diagnostic approaches and by building evidence for best treatment approaches, including improved therapeutic regimes and validated models of care.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund is available from the Department of Health website.
Applications will only be accepted from approved MRFF Eligible Organisations. A list of approved MRFF Eligible Organisations is available from the GrantConnect GO Documents and from the Approved MRFF Eligible Organisations list on the NHMRC website.
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund – Emerging Priorities and Consumer Drive Research Initiative – 2021 Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions in Children and Adolescents Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
A person must not be named as a Chief Investigator (CI) on more than one application submitted to a Stream of this grant opportunity. If a Chief Investigator is named on more than one application submitted to a Stream, both applications will be considered ineligible.
The maximum project period for the three Streams is five years.
From $500,000.00 to $2,500,000.00
Applicants are advised to read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly and liaise with the MRFF Eligible Organisation that will submit the application to identify any specific requirements that the organisation might have.
For this grant opportunity, an application may be submitted to one of the three Streams only. Applicants must specify the Stream to which they are applying in their application.
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s online granting system (Sapphire).
Minimum Data closes at 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on Wednesday 2 February 2022.
Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on Wednesday 9 February 2022.
NHMRC Research Help Centre