Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2966
National Science Week Grants 2020
Show close time for other time zones
National Science Week is Australia's major national celebration of the sciences in August each year. National Science Week provides high profile science engagement activities across the nation, in which the community can participate. It is also an important annual opportunity for the science community to celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
The Australian Government supports National Science Week in a variety of ways, including through the National Science Week Grants.
National Science Week is Australia’s major national celebration of the sciences, occurring in August each year. National Science Week 2020 will be held 15-23 August 2020. National Science Week provides the opportunity for community participation in high profile science engagement activities across the nation.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support diverse local organisations and government to work together on science engagement activities that have been adapted to local needs
- inspire wide community participation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
- increase community participation in science engagement activities
- celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
An open competitive funding round will be held once a year to provide funding to support science engagement activities that will take place during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week.
Ongoing funding of $500,000 per year will be available.
- The minimum grant amount is $2,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
The value of your project must exceed the grant you are seeking. You must have some additional funding or in-kind contributions to support your project.
To be eligible you must:
- be an individual 18 years of age or older, or
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a Commonwealth entity (publicly funded research organisations that meet the eligibility criteria in 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines are eligible to apply).
To be eligible your project must:
- be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week
- address one or more of the following purposes:
- draw the nation's attention towards the sciences
- spark broad interest and engagement in the sciences
- provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
- foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
- trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve attendance or participation by the general public
- include eligible project activities.
Your project can include activities at multiple locations, as long as all locations are within Australia.
School-based projects are not usually eligible. Please discuss your project with us before submitting an application for a school-based project.
For more information on eligibility please refer to Section 5 of the National Science Week Grants grant opportunity guidelines.
From $2,000.00 to $20,000.00
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/nswkg
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.