Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2907
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF)
Show close time for other time zones
Australia-India Collaborative Research Projects are funded by the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF).
The objectives of the AISRF are to:
- increase the uptake of leading science and technology by supporting collaboration between Australian and Indian researchers in strategically focused, leading-edge scientific research and technology projects
- strengthen strategic alliances between Australian and Indian researchers
- facilitate Australia and India’s access to the global science and technology system.
For this grant opportunity, $7 million is available over 3 years.
- the minimum grant amount is $500,000
- the maximum grant amount is $1,000,000
- projects must be completed by 30 June 2023
- the project must involve research in a priority area
- the lead organisation can submit a maximum of two applications:
- one with a corresponding application being submitted under the Science and Technology Fund with India’s Department of Science and Technology
- one corresponding application being submitted under the Biotechnology Fund with India’s Department of Biotechnology.
The priority areas for Round 12 of the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund Collaborative Research Projects are:
Indo-Australian Science & Technology Fund (administered by DST in India)
- Climate Change mitigation and adaptation
- Food processing, storage and distribution
- Mining safety and efficiency
Indo-Australian Biotechnology Fund (administered by DBT in India)
- Cancer therapeutics/ theranostics
- Genomics and precision medicine
- Pest-resistant crops
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) as defined in appendix A of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- a Cooperative Research Centre
- an other Australian incorporated entity.
We can only accept applications that have a primary Indian partner that has submitted, or is in the process of submitting, a corresponding application to India’s Department of Science and Technology (DST) or the Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
For more information on eligibility please refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $500,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/aisrf
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.