Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4575
MRFF 2020 Early Stage Translation and Commercialisation Support Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The 2020 Early Stage Translation and Commercialisation Support Grant Opportunity was announced as part of the Medical Research Future Fund under the Medical Research Commercialisation Initiative. This initiative aims to support early-stage health and medical research and innovation in Australia through to proof-of-concept and beyond, providing opportunities for commercialisation.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support early stage Australian medical research and medical innovation projects in the following four streams:
- Stream 1: preclinical medical research or medical innovation projects with commercial potential
- Stream 2: early clinical development of novel drugs, or novel uses for existing drugs, with commercial potential
- Stream 3: early clinical development of medical devices with commercial potential
- Stream 4: early stage development of digital health technologies with commercial potential.
Each will be a separate funding stream. The top ranked project in each Stream will be funded.
Applications to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the four Streams of research. Applicants must specify the Stream to which they are applying in their application. An organisation can submit a maximum of one application per Stream, however can be awarded funding from a maximum of two Streams.
The grant opportunity will not fund organisations to progress their own early stage medical research and medical innovation projects.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and in accordance with s24 of the MRFF Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable.
All members of the project team must be listed on the application form as Project Managers (PMs). Applicants must nominate a Project Manager A (PMA) who will take the lead role in conducting the project and report on the outcomes of the project as specified in the grant agreement.
June 2021 to July 2025.
From $19,750,000.00 to $19,750,000.00
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/MRFF-ESTAC
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.