Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO6229
Community Child Care Fund - Establishing Child Care in Limited Supply Areas
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications from Child Care Subsidy approved providers to set up new centre based day care and family day care services under this Grant Opportunity.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- assist eligible providers to establish new early childhood services in disadvantaged regional and remote areas of Australia where there is an absence, or limited supply, of approved centre based day care (CBDC) or family day care (FDC) services
- support new services to build capacity and operate sustainably under the early childhood education and care (ECEC) system
- support new services to increase access to early childhood education and care, and enable local workforce participation.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
- establish new early childhood services in communities experiencing disadvantage in regional or remote areas, where there is a gap in the supply of approved services
- support newly established services in communities experiencing disadvantage in regional and remote areas, to operate sustainably, engage local workforce, and address community level barriers to participation in early childhood education
- increase the number of children from communities experiencing disadvantage in regional and remote areas accessing early childhood education
- increase the availability of approved ECEC in communities experiencing disadvantage in regional and remote areas, with high unmet demand through capital works projects.
To be eligible for this grant opportunity you must be:
a) an approved provider under the Family Assistance Law seeking to operate a new approved CBDC or FDC service that may or may not yet be approved under the Family Assistance Law
b) the site or premises where the early childhood service will be delivered is in a CCCF priority area (refer to section 4.3 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines)
c) the new CBDC or FDC will service families in regional and remote areas where there are supply gaps (refer to section 4.4 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines), which may include the provision of specialised early childhood services to a vulnerable or disadvantaged sector of a regional or remote community where there are supply gaps.
Assessment of applications - July 2023
Approval of outcomes of selection process - August 2023
Notification to unsuccessful applicants - Late August 2023
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - October 2023
Earliest start date of grant activity - 23 October 2023
End date of grant activity - 30 June 2025 for a 2 year agreement
To apply, you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application(s) to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEST on 8 June 2023.
Please note: Extension of closing date to 8 June 2023
Please refer to Grant Opportunity Guidelines - version 2 and Questions and Answers - version 3