Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4267
Moon to Mars initiative: Demonstrator Feasibility Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Moon to Mars initiative forms an important element of the Advancing Space: Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028 and supports Australian organisations to join NASA’s inspirational endeavour to go forward to the Moon and on to Mars.
These grants support Australian businesses and researchers by assisting industry and research institutions to conduct feasibility activities for space projects.
The objectives are to:
- demonstrate Australian small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) capacity and capability to develop space projects with a clear potential to support Moon to Mars activities for any of the following:
- space operability
- space support
- access to space
- develop and demonstrate the feasibility of space projects with the:
- potential to operate or directly support operations in space
- ability to support Moon to Mars activities
- demonstrate the value, including commercial value, of space projects to the space industry and marketplace
- develop Australian SME capability in early mission development activities
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
You must also be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation, where your trading activities either:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation
- a Publicly Funded Research Organisation as defined in the Demonstrator Feasibility Guidelines
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We can only accept applications where you can provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that:
- the project is supported
- you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by Demonstrator Feasibility Grants funding
- confirms you are a trading corporation
We can’t waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- a corporate or non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
If you’re not eligible to apply, you may still be a part of a joint application provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
12 Months (maximum)
From $50,000.00 to $200,000.00
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/m2m-demo-feas
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.