Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6770
Indigenous Languages and Arts - Open Competitive Grant Opportunity 2024
1800 006 992
Show close time for other time zones
The ILA Program supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians to express, preserve and maintain their cultures through Indigenous languages and arts activities.
Grant funding allocated through the ILA program supports activities that:
- Conserve, revitalise and sustain Indigenous languages by:
- Supporting the use of spoken language in everyday life by facilitating language practise in a range of contexts through culturally appropriate learning and teaching activities.
- Supporting community members to improve their language knowledge and skills and build capacity in the sector by providing language learning and teaching pathways that include opportunities to gain formal qualifications in learning and teaching an Indigenous language.
- Recording, preserving and making available Indigenous languages using digital technology in an innovative and culturally appropriate way.
- Facilitating the use of Indigenous languages in everyday life by producing and providing access to language materials that enable community to enjoy, learn, use and teach their languages.
- Create, promote and celebrate Indigenous cultural expression by:
- Developing, producing, presenting, exhibiting or performing a diverse range of traditional and contemporary Indigenous art forms which could include dance, theatre, film, literature, music and traditional Indigenous arts and crafts.
- Promoting and celebrating Indigenous art forms and providing access to arts activities that enable community to enjoy, connect and take pride in their cultures.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST - if your business has a gross annual income minus GST of $75,000 (or $150,000 for non-profit organisations)
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be one of the following entity types:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- an organisation established through specific Commonwealth or State or Territory legislation
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated association
- a not-for-profit organisation
- a partnership
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation
- a State or Territory local government council
- have no overdue acquittals or serious breaches relating to Australian Government funding (a serious breach is one that has resulted in, or warrants, the termination of a grant agreement)
- not be bankrupt or subject to insolvency proceedings (as relevant to the entity type)
Where applicable, we will determine your eligibility and review your funding history with the Department, including your performance against funded objectives, and your financial and performance reporting history.
Organisations can apply as a consortium provided they nominate a lead organisation that also meets the eligibility criteria above.
Commencing from 1 July 2024, for a period up to 3 years.
Applications must be lodged through SmartyGrants via the 'Submit Application' button. Applications will not be accepted through any other format.
1800 006 992