Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6413
National Foundation for Australia-China Relations 2023-24 Competitive Grants Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Foundation provides grant opportunities each year to develop, promote and strengthen understanding and engagement between Australia and China, including business and community stakeholders, in support of Australia’s national interests.
The Foundation’s strategic objectives are:
· Promoting connections and practical cooperation
· Building understanding and exchange
· Showcasing Australian excellence
· Engaging Australia’s diverse communities
The Foundation welcomes applications in line with the Foundation’s strategic objectives, including but not limited to the following areas:
· Collaboration on climate change
· Informed business engagement with China
· Support for cohesive communities through recognising the contribution of Chinese-Australian communities
· Activities that showcase the regional diversity of Australia
· Support for Chinese international students and scholars to connect with the broader Australian community
· Activities that showcase the knowledge and cultures of Australia’s First Nations people in China
· Communications, including projecting a positive image of Australia in China, media diversity and capability
· People-to-people connections, including in art, culture and sports
· Practical outcomes in health, science and technology that showcase the benefits of international collaboration and/or the contribution of Chinese Australians in these fields
· Exchanges and dialogues that increase mutual understanding
· Programs that enhance the China literacy and capability of Australian organisations
Creative and innovative ideas not covered in this list are also welcome.
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be located in Australia or Greater China
and be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company incorporated by guarantee
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an incorporated association
- a partnership
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation
- an individual who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian state or territory government body
- an Australian statutory authority
- a Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
The maximum grant period is two years.
From $100,000.00 to $500,000.00
Applications will only be accepted via the SmartyGrants online portal.
Grant applicants will need to register and log into the GrantConnect website to get access to the grant guidelines.
For other grant related documents, please access through this link Grants | National Foundation for Australia-China Relations (australiachinafoundation.org.au)