Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6415
On Farm Connectivity Program
Show close time for other time zones
The On Farm Connectivity Program (the program) will run over 2 years from 2023-24 to 2024-25. This program forms part of the Better Connectivity for Rural and Regional Australia Plan (Better Connectivity Plan) and assists primary producers to take advantage of digital agribusiness solutions to boost productivity and improve safety.
The objectives of the program are:
- extend digital connectivity and take advantage of advanced farming technology
- enhance a primary producers’ capacity to implement digital agribusiness solutions through improved connectivity
- capitalise on the agricultural sector’s potential for increased productivity and growth
- support access to new communications equipment by offsetting some of the cost.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- increased investment in equipment to support operations of the agricultural sector
- increased efficiency, competitiveness, productivity and profitability of the agricultural sector
- improved safety on farm
- increased use of advanced farming technology
- improved knowledge of advanced farming technology and digital literacy.
Eligible Primary Producers can only access the program (and rebate) through an eligible Equipment Supplier.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $30 million for the On Farm Connectivity Rebate Program. For Round 1 of the grant (rebate) opportunity, $15 million is available in 2023-24, or until funding is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
You can apply if you:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- are an eligible Equipment Supplier listed in Appendix A of the grant opportunity guidelines
- supply an eligible connectivity solution and the associated eligible equipment to an eligible Primary Producer
- are able to supply the eligible connectivity solution and associated eligible equipment to the eligible Primary Producer within 60 days of the sale/purchase
- the Primary Producer meets the eligibility criteria, and:
- are a registered business and have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have an annual average gross income (i.e. total revenue before expenses and tax) from primary production of between $40,000 and $2 million. Annual average income is calculated as the average of the previous three full financial years’ income for each ABN
- are not a hobby farmer
- operate an eligible primary production activity.
You can’t apply if you are:
- not an eligible pre-approved Equipment Supplier
- an organisation, or your project partner is an organisation, included on the National Redress Scheme’s list of Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme
- an employer of 100 or more employees that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act (2012).
Find the full eligibility criteria in the grant opportunity guidelines.
Applications close 31 May 2024 or until funding is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
From $3,000.00 to $30,000.00
To apply, go to https://business.gov.au/ofc
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.