Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4768
Australia India Strategic Research Fund - Collaborative Research Projects - Round 14
Show close time for other time zones
The AISRF provides grants for collaborative research projects with Indian partners. For Round 14 of the AISRF, your project must involve research in focused priority area and must be mutually beneficial for Australia and India.
- the minimum grant amount is $500,000
- the maximum grant amount is $1,000,000
- you must complete your project by 01 January 2025.
The lead organisation can submit a maximum of two applications but only one application per priority area.
Round 14 Priority Areas
Your project must be in a priority area, the priority areas for Round 14 of AISRF are:
Indo-Australian Science & Technology Fund (administered by DST in India)
- Quantum technologies
- Earth observation remote sensing
- Groundwater resources management
- Downstream processing, recycling and tailings reclamation of critical minerals.
Indo-Australian Biotechnology Fund (administered by DBT in India)
- COVID-19 long-term health impacts
- Infection prevention and control
- Digital health and telemedicine
- Biomaterials (including bioplastics).
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) as defined in section 14 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a Cooperative Research Centre (CRC)
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian State/Territory Government agency or body.
Joint applications involving more than one Australian partner are acceptable and industry involvement (including businesses) is encouraged where appropriate, provided the lead applicant is the main driver of the project and eligible to apply. For more on joint applications, see section 7.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
We can only accept applications that have a primary Indian partner who has submitted, or is in the process of submitting, a corresponding application to India’s DST or DBT and that include all mandatory attachments.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria in any circumstances.
From $500,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/aisrf
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.