Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5742
Mid-Career Industry Fellowships for funding commencing in 2023
(02) 6287 6600
Show close time for other time zones
The Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme creates a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researchers to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill-building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
The Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme objectives are to:
- develop a strong pipeline of researchers in Australia with capabilities in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation;
- open up and maintain a diversity of career pathways traversing university and industry settings;open up and maintain a diversity of career pathways traversing university and industry settings;
- increase strategic engagement and alignment between universities and industry;
- contribute to the solving of industry-identified challenges and opportunities; and
- create commercial, economic and other benefits for Australia through enhanced translation and commercialisation, including the development of start-up companies.
The intended outcomes of the Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme are:
- strengthen the industry collaboration skills of mid-career researchers;
- encourage uptake of a wider range of career options for established researchers;
- supervise and develop future research and nurture their development of collaboration, commercialisation and translation skills; and
- deliver significant, actionable outcomes for industry partners and end-users.
The new Industry Fellowships Program is significantly streamlined in its approach. Eligible Organisations are responsible for certifying that each of their applications is eligible. The Industry Fellowships Program has reduced the number of specific eligibility requirements.
An application may only be submitted through the Research Office of an Eligible Organisation listed in the Grant Guidelines. The application must nominate at least one Mid-Career Industry Fellow and one Key Industry Partner.
The Industry Fellow must have a Higher Degree Research (HDR) (or equivalent), other eligibility requirements relate to the holding of other ARC awards and grants. All requirements are outlined in the Grant Guidelines.
In considering whether an applicant can apply in the Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme, The Eligible Organisation should consider the number of years the applicant has spent undertaking research – whether this be in an academic, industry, or other setting.
An application may be applied for and awarded funding for a minimum of two to a maximum of four consecutive years.
From $399,648.00 to $1,089,296.00
The Application must be submitted as a mature research plan presenting the proposed project ready for implementation and must contain all the information necessary for its assessment without the need for further written or oral explanation, or reference to additional documentation, unless requested by the Australian Research Council (ARC.
The ARC reserves the right to change these criteria in future funding rounds. Grant Guidelines for all ARC schemes may be found attached to the relevant Grant Opportunity.
Administering Organisations must submit applications through the Research Management System (RMS) unless otherwise advised by the ARC.
All applications must meet the format and content requirements, including certification, as set out in the RMS online form and the Instructions to Applicants for Mid-Career Industry Fellowships for funding commencing in 2023.
The RMS is a web-based system used to prepare and submit research applications and assessments for the ARC’s National Competitive Grants Program. Registered users can login using your email address and password at https://rms.arc.gov.au. To request a new account, please go to https://rms.arc.gov.au and click on the Request New Account link.
All queries by researchers should be directed to the Administering Organisation of the application.
(02) 6287 6600