Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4542
MRFF 2020 Clinician Researchers Applied Research in Health Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The 2020 Clinician Researchers: Applied Research in Health Grant Opportunity was announced as part of the Medical Research Future Fund and the Clinician Researchers Initiative. This initiative aims to provide direct research resources to clinicians, researchers and healthcare professionals to focus on developing and refining their research skills and build research capacity.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support medical research and innovation projects that validate and implement new approaches for improving the quality and consistency of patient care.
Applicants must propose a research project that:
- addresses a clearly defined health care priority from local health care and/or practice
- has potential to improve clinical practice or health system effectiveness and therefore patient outcomes
- is embedded within health services (e.g. community-based care, hospitals, general practices); however, it can also be coordinated across networks (e.g. Primary Health Networks, Local Health Networks).
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians. Specifically, it aims to support clinicians to improve the quality of health care, practice and systems by undertaking applied research in health care that:
- improves outcomes for their patients
- addresses an area of high need
- improves the safety, quality and effectiveness of health services, including connectivity
- improves efficiency in health services or health system/s.
Projects will be funded from the following streams:
- Stream 1: General practitioner-led teams
- Stream 2: Medical specialist-led teams
- Stream 3: Allied health-led teams.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and in accordance with s20 and s24 of the MRFF Act 2015 , be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity.
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- details of your nominated Chief Investigator A (CIA), the person who will take the lead role in conducting the project
- details of all members of your research team are listed as Chief Investigators (CIs)
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable.
From $0.00 to $3,000,000.00
To apply, go to http://www.business.gov.au/mrff-arh
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.