Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4051
MRFF Coronavirus Research Response - 2020 Rapid Response Digital Health Infrastructure
13 28 46
Show close time for other time zones
The Coronavirus Research Response - 2020 Rapid Response Digital Health Infrastructure grant opportunity was announced as part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and is part of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) National Health Plan to support our health system to manage the outbreak of novel coronavirus in Australia. This package provides support across primary care, aged care, hospitals and research, and includes funding from the MRFF for a Coronavirus Research Response comprising vaccine, anti-viral and respiratory medicine research.
Digital health approaches and tools have the potential to fundamentally transform the capacity and speed of the health system to respond to urgent and high-need challenges such as the current COVID-19 pandemic.
For this grant opportunity funding for high priority digital health infrastructure that has the potential to increase the speed and quality of health system responses during acute crises.
Reflecting the complex Australian digital health landscape, applications to this grant opportunity must demonstrate:
- strong broader applicability (to users, other disciplines, and national scalability)
- alignment with and an identified priority need within existing digital health systems and investment
The anticipated outcome of the research is to promote the application of innovative digital health approaches to enable health systems to rapidly respond to high-need emerging challenges, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and in accordance with s20 and s24 of the MRFF Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- confirmation that any Chief and/or Lead Investigators named on your application under this grant opportunity are not named as Chief and/or Lead Investigators on any other application under this grant opportunity
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant
- letters of support from each project partner, if applicable.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 3.1 of the guidelines
- trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity
Up to 18 months duration.
From $500,000.00 to $2,000,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/MRFFcoronavirusdigitalinfrastructure
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.
13 28 46