Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4911
Show close time for other time zones
The IFAM program is a temporary, emergency measure in response to an extraordinary situation. IFAM gives Australian businesses more time to re-structure their business models and adjust to a new and more challenging trading environment created by COVID-19.
The intended outcomes of the IFAM grants are to:
- re-establish supply chains into and out of Australia, albeit not at pre-COVID19 levels while the pandemic continues;
- reduce the sudden significant economic impact on businesses that rely on airfreight; and
- minimise the economic impact of the COVID-19 crisis on Australian workers.
To be eligible to receive a grant the prospective grantee must be providing freight forwarding services or airfreight services for eligible products on behalf of an Australian business/company which must (eligible business):
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
The prospective grantee must be able to demonstrate they are providing freight forwarding services or airfreight services by stipulating shipment and freight details, as well as product information about eligible products.
To be eligible, the grant activity must be for freight on:
- an outgoing flight (or domestic connection) carrying Australian eligible products to key international markets for that product, which was requested by, and arranged in conjunction with, an Australian exporter of that product; or
- an incoming flight into Australia (or domestic connection) carrying medical supplies, medicines and equipment to support Australia’s health response or items of national significance.
To apply you must:
- complete the online SmartyGrants application form on https://IFAM.smartygrants.com.au/exportgrants or
- for import grants or complex export grants contact IFAM@austrade.gov.au prior to commencing the application
- In all cases:
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments