Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3910
GO3910 - National Domestic and Family Violence Training for Primary Health Care Workforce
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity seeks to engage an experienced organisation to develop and deliver training and upskilling to build capacity of general practitioners (GP’s) and other primary health care workers to better support patients experiencing, and at risk of, family and domestic violence. The health care system, particularly GPs’ and other primary health care providers, is one of the main entry points through which victims of family and domestic violence access support services.
The delivery of training to be provided through this opportunity needs to consider trauma-informed models of care and culturally appropriate care. The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- Improved capacity of the primary health care workforce, to respond to family and domestic violence with improved confidence, understanding and skills that underpin trauma-informed care.
- Compliment (not duplicate) other training activities including those delivered by Lifeline as part of the DV-Alert initiative funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
- Training content will be consistent with clinical advice outlined in the RACGP’s Abuse and Violence - Working with our patients in general practice (the White Book).
As this is a targeted competitive grant opportunity, only the following four training organisations are eligible to apply:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- The University of Melbourne, Centre of Research Excellence - Safer Families
- Blue Knot Foundation; and
- Phoenix Australia.
Submit your completed application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au by 2pm, Canberra local time, on 25 June 2020. If you do not receive an email (including automatic reply) within 48 hours please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.