Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4790
National Soil Carbon Innovation Challenge – Feasibility Study Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The National Soil Carbon Innovation Challenge: Feasibility Study Grants support successful applicants to conduct feasibility studies that demonstrate the technical viability and commercial potential of your soil carbon measurement solutions.
The objectives of the National Soil Carbon Innovation Challenge program are to:
- fast-track the development of lower-cost, accurate technical approaches to enable land managers to quantify the impact of their land management activities on soil organic carbon
- secure co-investment and foster partnerships that trial and deploy novel soil carbon measurement technological solutions.
There will be other grant opportunities as part of this program, supporting proof of concept and validation and deployment stages of technology development. This stage does not have to be completed to be eligible for future grant opportunities. We will publish details of opportunities in the future.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- a publicly funded research organisation
- an Australian State/Territory Government agency or body.
We can only accept applications where you certify that:
- your project is supported by your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board), and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- you have or will have relevant intellectual property arrangements in place in order to undertake your project, should you proceed to subsequent stages of the grant program
- you will be willing to provide research data and outputs to the government and any nominated third party for the purposes of improving knowledge of quantifying soil carbon under different management practices, if you proceed to future stages of the program.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an organisation, or your project partner is an organisation, included on the National Redress Scheme’s - external site list of ‘Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme’
- an individual
- an unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
If you are ineligible to apply, you can be a partner to a joint application where the lead organisation is eligible to apply.
From $50,000.00 to $100,000.00
Applications will open on Wednesday 10 November 2021.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.