Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5696
Support and connection for young children with disability or developmental concerns
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications via an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the National Early Childhood Program for Children with Disability or Developmental Concerns (NECP) – ‘Support and connection for young children with disability or developmental concerns’ grant opportunity from December 2022 to June 2025. One provider or consortia will be preferred to deliver this grant opportunity, with face-to-face sessions delivered in all states and territories.
This grant opportunity will provide regular, facilitated community-based supports to young children (aged 0 to 8 years) with disability or developmental concerns across Australia. The supports should aim to increase individual children’s readiness for educational environments, and provide opportunities for children with disability or developmental concerns to socialise with peers who have disability or developmental concerns and their siblings in a supported, and family-centred environment.
Examples of community-based supports may include but are not limited to:
- supported playgroups with mixed activities
- facilitated group stories and imaginative play times
- facilitated group art and music programs.
This grant opportunity will connect with the grant opportunity “Support and connection for parents and carers of young children with disability and developmental concerns”, with applications for both grant rounds open now.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government Entity
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust.
Applications from consortia are acceptable and encouraged, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above. Sub-contracting is also permitted, and sub-contracting arrangements will be monitored, including the purposes for which they are used.
- Assessment of applications – 3 weeks
- Approval of outcomes of selection process – 6 weeks
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements – Up to 4 weeks
- Notification to unsuccessful applicants – 1 week
- Earliest start date of grant activity – December 2022
- End date of grant activity – 30 June 2025.
- complete the online application form, see Submit Application
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- complete all required templates
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application/s to the Community Grants Hub by 5:00 pm AEST on 26 August 2022.