Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6329
MRFF 2023 Research Data Infrastructure Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund and the Research Data Infrastructure Initiative. It looks to support the creation or extension of national research data infrastructure to support world-class health and medical research in Australia.
Research proposals should incorporate:
- new linkage and/or use of data from multiple (at least two) existing research data infrastructure sources of different types (e.g. administrative and biobank data, registry and biobank data, wearables and use artificial intelligence); and/or
- novel methodologies and approaches that leverage and enhance existing linked research data infrastructure of at least two different types (e.g. administrative and biobank data, registry and biobank data, wearables and use artificial intelligence); and
- a clear outcome of how the proposed project will produce knowledge and outcomes that address an area of unmet medical need.
You can apply if you:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- are incorporated in Australia
You must also be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
You can’t apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- an unincorporated association
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity
- any organisation not listed in the eligible entity list
- an organisation, or your project partner is an organisation, included on the National Redress Scheme’s list of Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme
- an employer of 100 or more employees that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act (2012).
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- details of your research team, noting a maximum of 15 and that none can be named on another application submitted to this grant opportunity
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable.
We encourage joint applications provided you have a lead organisation that is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Further information on eligibility can be found in the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $0.00 to $2,500,000.00
To apply, go to: business.gov.au/mrff-2023-rdi
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.