Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4970
International Relations Grants Program Australia-ASEAN Council 2021
Show close time for other time zones
The International Relations Grants Program (the Program) is an ongoing program, subject to annual budget appropriation.
The objectives of the Program are to promote institutional, community and people connections and a contemporary and positive image of Australia and support for the Australian Government’s international policy goals.
The expected outcomes of the Program are:
§ strengthened bilateral relationships in areas of mutual interest with particular countries and regions,
§ international networks, collaboration and connections between institutions and communities to build understanding, trust and influence,
§ enhanced Australian international reputation and reach through the promotion of our economic, creative and cultural, sporting, innovation and science, and education assets, and
§ increased understanding of Australians of the cultures and opportunities in each of these countries.
To be eligible you must:
§ be one of the following entity types:
- an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN)
- an Australian consortium with a lead organisation
- an Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- a Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- an Australian statutory authority
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
§ and be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines that meets the Child Protection Policy | Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (dfat.gov.au) for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible as per the list above.
Individuals who intend the grant to be administered by a university should apply on behalf of the university, i.e. your university is the applicant.
From $20,000.00 to $50,000.00
Please follow instructions provided in the Grants Guideline document attached.