Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO6474
Visions of Australia - Round 17
Show close time for other time zones
The Visions of Australia Program provides funding to support the development and touring of quality exhibitions around Australia by Australian arts and cultural organisations.
The objectives of the Visions of Australia Program are to:
- increase access for Australian audiences to exhibitions of quality Australian arts and cultural material, with a particular focus on touring to regional and remote Australia; and
- encourage partnerships between organisations such as museums and galleries, particularly collaboration across the collections sector, to form curatorial partnerships and where appropriate, access to mentoring and skills transfer opportunities.
Program funding is delivered through two streams:
- Development: for the costs of planning and producing an exhibition to tour. This includes research and design.
- Touring: for the costs to produce the exhibition and the costs to transport, install and dismantle the exhibition as well as deliver public programs.
The Program delivers two funding opportunities per calendar year, usually opening in February and September and closing a month later. The Minister for the Arts (or his delegate) approves funding under the Program Guidelines based on an assessment by the Department and independent assessors.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian incorporated organisation;
- have as your principal purpose the arts and/or cultural heritage (usually defined in the organisation’s Constitution or Articles of Association, and reflected in the Annual Report and Business Plans);
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST), if required by the Australian Tax Office; and
- not have any outstanding reports, acquittals or serious breaches relating to any Commonwealth funding.
Unincorporated groups or individuals with an arts or cultural heritage purpose may seek funding but must be auspiced by an organisation that meets the above criteria and applies on their behalf. Individual business units and entities of local government or state government authorities with an arts or cultural heritage purpose (such as art galleries, museums or performing arts centres) are eligible to apply.
To be eligible for funding, any proposed tour must include at least three venues located outside of the applicant’s state or territory, with consecutive exhibition dates. Tours originating in metropolitan areas may include metropolitan venues but projects must include at least one regional/remote venue.
Tour applications must include venue confirmation forms from each venue. Development applications must include expressions of interest forms from each venue.
To apply you must:
- complete the online Program application form in SmartyGrants, through the “Apply Now” button at https://www.arts.gov.au/funding-and-support/visions-australia;
- provide all the information requested;
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria;
- include all necessary attachments; and
- submit your application/s during the period of the grant opportunity as published.
For applications submitted in the September round, projects must commence after 1 Jan in the following year. You must address all of the eligibility and assessment criteria outlined in the Visions of Australia Guidelines to be considered for a grant (see below attachment, in GO Documents).
Each eligible application is assessed in the context of the program objectives and against the four equally weighted assessment criteria: Quality; Access; Support and Partnerships; and Value with relevant Money as outlined in the Visions Guidelines.
Funding is available through annual or multi-year funding agreements, subject to available funds.
If you have any questions about the program or your potential application please contact Visions of Australia Program Officer on 1800 590 577.