Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5918
Indigenous Rangers Coastal Clean Up Project Grants - Round 1
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a restricted process to apply for funding under the Indigenous Rangers Coastal Clean-up Project (IRCCP).
The objective of the grant opportunity is to support Indigenous Ranger groups participating in the IRCCP to undertake their contracted ghost nets and marine debris activities for the department by supporting them to establish marine debris and ghost nets management programs in their areas, purchase equipment and undertake training, planning and coordination activities.
For this grant opportunity, up to $1.5 million (GST exclusive) is available across 14 invited organisations from 2022–23 to 2023–24.
The intended outcomes of the grants are:
- increased economic opportunities for Indigenous communities by building Indigenous Rangers groups’ capacity to undertake marine debris and ghost net management activities on a fee for service basis
- Indigenous Ranger groups are equipped with the skills and capability to undertake complex and sustainable marine debris and ghost net management activities on an ongoing basis
- improved ocean health and marine habitats to reduce threats to wildlife across the Gulf of Carpentaria
- enhanced data surrounding marine debris and ghost net density levels to assist in future management
- increased skills and capability of Indigenous rangers to enhance their career pathways
- improved work, health and safety practices for the work undertaken by Indigenous rangers in remote areas.
To be eligible, you must be one of the invited organisations listed in section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect.
Assessment of applications - Approximately 4 weeks
Approval of outcomes of selection process - Approximately 3-4 weeks
Notification to unsuccessful applicants - 2 weeks following the completion of the assessment period
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - Approximately 4 weeks
Earliest start date of grant activity - 15 June 2023
End date of grant activity - 30 June 2024
By invitation only