Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6541
Social Enterprise Development Initiative Grants Administrator
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications through an open grant process to apply to deliver services under the Social Impact Investing Program – Social Enterprise Development Initiative (SEDI) from March 2024 to 30 June 2026. SEDI will run over 3 years from 2023–24 to 2025–26.
SEDI will engage a Grants Administrator to provide capability building grants of up to $120,000 (GST exclusive) to eligible social enterprises. The grants will be targeted towards supporting social enterprises to be more effective and efficient in demonstrating and increasing social impact for the vulnerable individuals and communities they exist to support.
The SEDI Grants Administrator will promote, assess and allocate grants to eligible social enterprises to acquire capability building support. They will also collect and provide comprehensive data and information required for the evaluation of the program. The Grants Administrator will ensure a proportion of grant funding focuses on providing grants to:
- organisations operating outside major cities (particularly Sydney and Melbourne) and are in regional or remote areas in Australia
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations, particularly community controlled organisations.
The SEDI Grants Administrator must work with the department to design the capability building grant administration process to ensure that grants are awarded to eligible recipients through a robust selection process that meets Commonwealth requirements.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated Association\Indigenous Corporation
- Local Government Entity
- Non-corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Statutory Entity.
Assessment of applications - 4 weeks
Approval of outcomes of selection process - 4 weeks
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - up to 6 weeks
Notification to applicants - 2 weeks
Earliest start date of grant activity - 21 March 2024
End date of grant activity - 30 June 2026
To apply you must:
- complete the online application form, please see Submit Application
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- complete all required templates
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application through GrantConnect by 5:00 pm AEDT on 6 December 2023.
- SEDI Grants Administrator - Questions and Answers - version 4