Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5175
Community Awareness Grants program
Show close time for other time zones
We want more Australians to talk about organ and tissue donation, to tell their family that they want to be a donor, and to register on the Australian Organ Donor Register.
This grant opportunity supports community-based awareness and education activities that contribute to increasing public understanding of and support for organ and tissue donation.
Specifically, it seeks applicants who will work in partnership with the Organ and Tissue Authority to develop and implement broad-reaching national events, media or publicity, or research or education projects.
Funding is available for three categories during 2022:
- National events – annual national community awareness events that reach mass audiences across the country (multi-year funding available)
- Media or publicity – media, public relations and/or digital activities targeting young people, First Nations Peoples, and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) groups (single year funding available)
- Research or education projects – research or behavioural change projects, or the development and distribution of education resources, for young people, First Nations Peoples, or CALD groups (single year funding available).
Activities must be delivered during 2022 calendar year. Activities may align to support DonateLife Week 2022 (24 – 31 July 2022); however, this is not a requirement.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- be a permanent resident of Australia
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
and be one of the following entity types:
- a [registered charity or] not-for-profit organisation
- a company incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an incorporated association
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian state or territory government body
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
For more information on eligibility, refer the Grant Opportunity Guidelines
2022 calendar year
From $10,000.00 to $50,000.00
Before applying, you must read and understand the Grant Opportunity Guidelines, the sample application form and the sample grant agreement.
To apply you must:
- complete the grant opportunity application form on the DonateLife website
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
submit your application/s to email@example.com by 10:00am AEDST Friday 19 November 2021.
 Alterations and addenda include but are not limited to: corrections to currently published documents, changes to close times for applications, Questions and Answers (Q&A) documents and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents