Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5028
Murray–Darling Healthy Rivers Program: Small Grants (Round 2)
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications for funding under Round 2 of the Murray–Darling Healthy Rivers Program (Small Grants). There is $7.141 million available in funding for this round. Grants range between $5,000 and $100,000. This is an open, competitive grants round.
The intended program outcomes are:
- improved health and ecological conditions of rivers and wetlands in the Murray–Darling Basin
- improved community involvement in restoring the environmental health of the Murray–Darling Basin
- increased economic activity and employment in Basin communities as a result of grant funding.
Applications are open from 25 August 2021 to 6 October 2021.
Successful applicants will have 12 months to complete their grant activity from the date the grant agreement is signed.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the feedback from the Murray–Darling Healthy Rivers Program – Small Grants (Round 1) before completing an application.
The program forms part of the Australian Government’s $269.6 million Murray–Darling Communities Investment Package, which seeks to re-engage communities in the work to restore the ecological health of the Murray–Darling Basin while supporting economic development and jobs.
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment consulted with Basin communities on the program, including the Grant Opportunity Guidelines. You can read the outcomes of this consultation on the department’s website.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- Sole Trader
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- Unincorporated Association
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above. The maximum grant size remains $100,000 for applications from consortia
To apply go to the application form here