Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO6603
Veteran Wellbeing Grants (VWG) Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications through a Targeted Competitive process to apply for funding under the Veteran Wellbeing Grants (VWG) Program.
The VWG Program provides funding for ex-service organisations (ESOs) to undertake projects and activities that sustain or enhance health and social wellbeing, build community capacity, potentially expand on existing projects and raise awareness of important issues faced by the veteran community.
The Australian Government has announced a total of up to $3.777 million (GST exclusive) for the VWG Program for the 2024–25 financial year. There is no set proportion of the $3.777 million allocated per stream. Applications will be considered under grant categories: Stream A Small Grants (up to a maximum of $50,000 per grant) and Stream B Large Grants (from $50,001 to a maximum of $150,000 per grant).
The objectives of the program are to:
- maintain and improve the independence and quality of life for members of the veteran community by providing funding for activities and projects that sustain or enhance health and social wellbeing
- deliver activities and projects to the veteran community that build community capacity for the future that is not already provided by Commonwealth or state funding
- expand on existing activities and projects offered to veterans in new regions within Australia or in the development of new activities and projects that will be offered in more than one location
- raise awareness of the important issues faced by the veteran community.
To be eligible you must either be an ESO (ex-service organisation) or be a non-ESO in a consortium with at least one ESO, and be an eligible legal entity type, as below:
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Statutory Entity.
Applications from Trustees on behalf of a Trust and consortia are acceptable, as long as:
- at least one of the members is an ESO
- the lead applicant has an eligible entity type as per the list above
- the lead applicant is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities.
Additional eligibility requirements apply, please see section 4 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Open: 28 November 2023, Close: 9:00 pm AEDT on 23 January 2024
Assessment of applications - within 13 weeks from the closing date
Approval of outcomes of selection process - within 21 weeks from the closing date
Notification of outcomes to applicants - within 23 weeks from the closing date
Negotiations and award of grant agreements to successful applicants - within 28 weeks from the closing date
Earliest start date of grant project - August 2024
End date of grant project - as stated in your grant agreement, if successful.
To apply you must:
- complete the relevant online application form(s)
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application(s) on GrantConnect by 9:00 pm AEDT on 23 January 2024.
- Veteran Wellbeing Grants 2023-24 - Grant Opportunity Guidelines - version 2
- Veteran Wellbeing Grants 2023-24 - Questions and Answers - version 3
- Veteran Wellbeing Grants 2023-24 - Stream A Small Grants - Sample Application form - version 2
- Veteran Wellbeing Grants 2023-24 - Stream B Large Grants - Sample Application form - version 2