Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4035
Australia-ASEAN Council 2020 COVID-19 Special Grants Round
Show close time for other time zones
The objectives of the Australia-ASEAN Council's 2020 COVID-19 Special Grants Round are to support continuity in people-to-people and institutional engagement between Australia and the ASEAN region during and following the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, when restrictions on travel and social distancing will limit opportunities for face-to-face engagement and inward and outbound visits. In this context, the round will target online and other activities or forms of engagement that help bring people together through virtual means and build cross-cultural linkages, but do not require travel and are consistent with government restrictions in response to COVID-19. Countries in scope include: Brunei Darassalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. The round will also prioritise applications that directly contribute to the priority needs of ASEAN countries during and immediately following the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
· an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN)
· an Australian consortium with a lead organisation
· an Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
· an Australian local government body
· an Australian State/Territory government body
· a corporate Commonwealth entity
· an Australian statutory authority,
· be an Australian or permanent resident of Australia, and
· be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible as per the list above.
Individuals who intend the grant to be administered by a university should apply on behalf of the university, i.e. your university is the applicant.
The Australian Government recognises that some organisations may seek to form consortia in order to apply for a grant under the Program. Consortia are eligible to apply and the relevant conditions applicable to consortia are at 8.6 ‘Grant Applications from Consortia’
Grant activity to commence, as specified in the application, and before 30 June 2021.
End date of grant activity or agreement, as specified in the application and before 30 June 2023.
From $10,000.00 to $50,000.00
Applications will only be accepted via the SmartyGrants website.
The link to SmartyGrants and a copy of the guidelines can be found on the website of the Australia-ASEAN Council : www.dfat.gov.au/aac.
Previous applicants of the postponed grants round can reaccess their applications to make amendments in line with the new COVID-19 guidelines and selection crieria.