Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6407
Information, Linkages and Capacity Building – Individual Capacity Building Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via an open, competitive grant process to apply to deliver services under the Individual Capacity Building (ICB) stream of the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Program from July 2024 to June 2027.
Funding of up to $90 million will be available to deliver one-off, time-limited activities to support systemic, nationwide access to peer support, mentoring, self-advocacy and other skills building for people with disability, their family and carers.
The intended outcomes of the program are people with disability, their families and carers will have increased skills and knowledge:
- about disability rights and self-advocacy
- to socially connect and develop meaningful relationships
- to navigate and connect with services and supports they need
- to enable greater independence and
- to make their own decisions, participate, lead and contribute in the community.
Activities should be co-designed with people with people with disability aligning with Australia’s Disability Strategy 2021-2031 and be about changing attitudes and practices, resulting in improved delivery of disability services and developing better practices to support people with disability in achieving their life goals.
To be eligible to receive a grant, you must be one of the following legal entity types:
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated association
- Indigenous corporation
- Local government
- Non-Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-Corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Statutory Entity.
Additional eligibility requirements apply, please see section 4 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Grant opportunity opens - 7 September 2023
Closing date for questions - 23 November 2023
Grant opportunity closes - 30 November 2023
Assessment of applications - 1 December 2023 to 28 February 2024
Approval of outcomes of selection process - 5 March to 4 April 2024
Announcement and notices to applicants - 9 to 15 April 2024
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - 8 May to 26 June 2024
Earliest start date of grant activity/ies - 1 July 2024
End date of grant activity/ies - 30 June 2027
To apply you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- within the application form, provide an indicative budget for the project/activity, including a total budget figure, which will be used in the assessment of value for money
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- include optional attachments
- submit your online application/s to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEDT on Thursday 30 November 2023.
- Questions and Answers - version 13
- ILC - Individual Capacity Building Application Form Guide - version 3
- ILC - Individual Capacity Building Application Form Guide Easy Read - version 3
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines - version 3
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines - Easy Read - version 2
- Sample Application form - Microsoft Word version