Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4081
Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program - Round 8
Show close time for other time zones
The Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program provides grants to enhance the safety and accessibility of aerodromes in remote and very remote areas of Australia. It will provide year round all weather access, particularly where road access is unavailable or unreliable. This will:
- improve the safety of aircraft, operators and passengers using remote and very remote airstrips
- facilitate improved delivery of essential goods and services such as food supplies, health care, community mail and passenger air services
- support delivery of health care services by the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) and similar providers
- complement air services delivery to communities subsidised under the Australian Government’s Remote Aviation Access Program (RAAP) through the Remote Air Services Subsidy (RASS) Scheme
- meet operational requirements of the RFDS or operators providing similar aeromedical services
The maximum grant amount is $500,000.
The grant amount will be up to 50% of eligible project costs, unless:
- you are an Indigenous owned and/or operated aerodrome – then we’ll cover up to 100% of eligible project costs
- you are an Australian local government agency or body and the total project cost is equal to or less than $150,000 – then we will cover up to 100% of eligible project costs
- you and a third party are contributing to project costs – then we’ll cover up to 33.3% of eligible project costs
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be an owner and/or operator of an existing aerodrome in an area classed as remote or very remote in Australia
You must also be one of the following:
- an entity incorporated in Australia (including incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust)
- an Australian local government agency body (defined in Appendix A of the grant opportunity guidelines)
- an Australian state or territory government agency or body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation that is registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
An eligible organisation may apply on behalf of an aerodrome owner or operator (this excludes Indigenous owned or operated aerodromes seeking 100% of funding). In this case, you’ll be:
- the lead applicant in a joint application
- responsible for the project including administering, reporting and acquitting project expenditure
We can only accept applications if your aerodrome is identified as “remote or very remote” as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geographic Standard (ASGS) Remoteness Area.
Check the full eligibility details in the grant opportunity guidelines.
From $5,000.00 to $500,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/RAUP
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.