Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO4503
Indi Kindi Project
Show close time for other time zones
The purpose of the grant is to support the Indi Kindi Project to provide targeted evidence-based health promotion activities to support the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families in the communities of Borroloola and Robinson River, Northern Territory. The objective of the Indi Kindi Project is to deliver an early years program to improve health, wellbeing and learning outcomes for children under 5 years of age as well as support families and communities to build their capacity to best support young children.
The grant opportunity will support collaborative initiatives for targeted health activities that:
• Provide learning sessions that improve the global development of children entering pre-school and school within a culturally safe framework;
• Provide parenting advice and support for creating supportive, nurturing and healthy environments;
• Support the social and emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and their families;
• Consult with the community and relevant services to identify health priorities;
• Improve linkages and facilitate referrals with a range of early childhood development and health services including ear, eye and oral health, and supporting uptake of health checks and immunisations;
• Increase healthy eating and physical activity;
• Provide early intervention to improve health and wellbeing; and
• Support families to reduce incidences of communicable disease including otitis media and gastroenteritis.
Select the red "GO Documents" button (on the left hand side) to view all grant opportunity documents.
As this is a closed non-competitive grant opportunity only the Moriarty Foundation Limited (ABN 39 149 339 284) is eligible to apply.
Submit your completed application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au by 2:00pm, Canberra local time, on 23 November 2020. If you do not receive an email (including automatic reply) within 48 hours please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.