Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4046
Medical Research Future Fund - Australian Brain Cancer Mission - 2020 Brain Cancer Survivorship Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The 2020 Brain Cancer Survivorship Grant Opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund and is an Initiative under the Australian Brain Cancer Mission.
There are no known prevention measures for brain cancer and for some types of brain cancer, no effective treatments. It is widely recognised that the key to improvements in this area is investment in research.
The objective of this Grant Opportunity is:
- support the development of new approaches and the use of technologies to improve communications between brain cancer survivors, their families, carers and health care professionals; and
- understand how information technologies and platforms can be used to support people with brain cancer, their families and carers, and their impact on the physical, psychosocial and economic sequelae of a brain cancer diagnosis.
Survivorship research must be focused on children, adolescents and young adults, or adults with malignant brain cancer, their families or carers.
Areas of focus may include:
- research into new educational and communication methods and approaches, including special approaches and considerations for underserved and at-risk populations
- research on new methods and strategies to disseminate cancer information/innovation to healthcare providers (e.g., web-based information, telemedicine, smartphone apps etc.) and the effectiveness of these approaches
- research on new communication processes and/or methods and information technologies with the health care system and the effectiveness of these approaches.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and in accordance with s20 and s24 of the MRFF Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity.
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 6.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- an unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 3.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
From $1.00 to $3,000,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/abcs
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance