Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4597
Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement and International Competitions 2021
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity provides organisations, such as schools and community groups, funds to help young Australians to take part in:
- in-person and virtual STEM engagement events, activities and competitions in Australia and New Zealand (where permitted by COVID-19 restrictions)
- virtual STEM engagement events, activities and competitions activities and competitions overseas (student/s to participate remotely from Australia).
For this grant opportunity, $1.6 million is available each year.
The grant is for up to 100% of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $1500.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
The greatest grant amount per student is:
- $2000 for STEM events or activities within Australia
- $5000 for international STEM events or activities.
A sponsor organisation must apply on behalf of a student or group of students.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- a primary or secondary school, registered with a state or territory authority
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- an entity incorporated in Australia and
- be able to enter into a grant agreement in your own right or through an affiliated entity.
Government schools in New South Wales (NSW), South Australia (SA), Tasmania (TAS) and Western Australia (WA) are not legal entities in their own right. You must include your relevant state or territory education department’s ABN as Collaborator in your application in order to enter into a grant agreement.
Non-government schools including catholic organisations that are unincorporated entities must apply through a related incorporated entity in order to enter into a grant agreement.
Your organisation must apply on behalf of a student or group of students under 18 years old (at the time of application) to attend a specific STEM activity.
You’ll need confirmation from your managing board, school principal or chief executive officer (or equivalent) that your organisation:
- supports the student/s attendance at the STEM activity
- can meet any costs of student participation not covered by the grant
- expects the student to attend the STEM activity if you get the grant
- ensure that the event, activity or competition to be attended by the students will adhere to COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
We can't waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
From $1,500.00 to $20,000.00
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/sgseic
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance