Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5885
Community-led Solutions Economic Development Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations through a targeted grant process to apply to provide infrastructure project proposals in Ceduna, East Kimberley, Cape York and the Goldfields.
The grant opportunity is provides up to $17 million over 3 years from 2022-23 to 2024-25.
This grant opportunity contributes to the Department of Social Services’ Outcome 2. Families and Communities program by supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged people through local community-led solutions that strengthen economic participation in regional communities.
The grant opportunity will:
- provide sustainable pathways to employment for people in identified communities
- target regional locations that have historical high unemployment rates and proportion of people in receipt of working age social security payments, relative to rates of unemployment for the general population
- fund initiatives that confer a benefit on Indigenous people and communities including their ongoing employment
- provide new construction activity that creates opportunities for local employment in communities during and after the build phase
- create new or refurbished community infrastructure, that will deliver sustainable local employment opportunities for communities
- increase the skills of individuals during each project and after projects are completed.
To be eligible, you must be one of the invited organisations listed in section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect.
Assessment of applications - 4 weeks
Approval of outcomes of selection process - 4 weeks
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - Up to 6 weeks
Notification to unsuccessful applicants - 2 weeks
Earliest start date of grant activity - May 2023
End date of grant activity - 30 June 2025
By invitation only
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines version 3