Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5602
MH17 Family Support Package Grant Guidelines
Show close time for other time zones
On 5 July 2017 the Australian Government announced Australia’s support for the Dutch National Prosecution of four individuals for their alleged roles in the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17. To support the participation of the Australian MH17 victims’ Next of Kin in this prosecution, the Australian Government allocated $1.2 million (over four years) in the 2018-19 Federal Budget for financial assistance for Next of Kin to travel to The Hague to observe the trial.
The MH17 Family Support Package was intended to run over four years from 2018-19 to 2020-2021. The 2021-22 Budget allocated an additional $1.1 million to extend the program to the 2022-23 financial year, increasing the number of Next of Kin who can access the funding to four per victim, and includes a contribution towards quarantine costs.
The objective of the Family Support Package is:
- To provide assistance with travel expenses for the following to observe or participate in the Dutch National Prosecution relating to the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17:
a) Next of Kin of Australians on that flight; and
b) Where applicable (see Section 6.1), nominated support persons of Next of Kin of Australians on that flight where only one Next of Kin of an Australian victim submits a claim.
To be eligible you must:
Be the Next of Kin of an Australian MH17 victim, seeking to participate in, or observe, the prosecution proceedings. This includes:
· partners, children, parents, siblings, step-parents, step-siblings and other family relationships.
Before applying, you must read and understand these guidelines. These documents may be found at GrantConnect. Any alterations and addenda will be published on GrantConnect and by registering on this website you will be automatically notified of any changes. GrantConnect is the authoritative source for grants information.
To apply you must:
• Complete a claim form that will be available on Services Australia’s website
• Provide all the information requested
• Meet all eligibility criteria
• Include all necessary attachments
• Submit your application/s Services Australia by 11:59pm AEST on 20/05/2022.