Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3265
Youth Advocacy Support
Show close time for other time zones
The Youth Advocacy Support grant opportunity aims to provide support to youth peak bodies with an advocacy role for youth to improve engagement with government and coordination of government programs targeting young people from 15-24 years of age. This improved engagement and coordination will support the development of a Whole of Government National Youth Policy Framework.
The purpose of the grant opportunity is to provide funding to peak youth advocacy organisations and a national peak body to represent young people, in particular those who are marginalised, and enable improved engagement and consultation with government in the development of future policies and strategies that affect them directly.
There are two streams of funding under this grant opportunity.
Stream 1: To support Youth Advocacy Peak bodies to:
- form national youth advocacy networks (particularly for marginalised young people) through online platforms or face-to-face forums to gather and report their views on specific topics such as education, employment and health. This engagement will inform the development of national strategies, policies and programs developed and administered by Government.
Stream 2: To support the National Youth Peak body to:
- engage and support young people and provide independent policy advice informed by a diverse group of advocacy organisations and young people.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to fund suitable organisations to:
- provide effective consultation and information sharing with young people, the youth sector and the Australian Government;
- function as the source of sector knowledge and expertise; and
- provide well-informed and impartial advice to the Australian Government.
You must be a Youth Peak body that is constituted for public purposes and represents national and/or state or territory memberships. A Youth Peak body is defined as a non-government entity which is recognised as representing the interests of young Australians aged 15-24 years.
In the case of a State or Territory based organisation, you should provide evidence that the funding requested will not be used to substitute for, or duplicate, funding provided by a State or Territory government.
You must provide written evidence of your status as a Youth Advocacy or Youth Advocacy Peak body such as registration with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Please submit your completed application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au by 2:00pm, Canberra local time, 14 September 2020
If you do not receive an email (including automatic reply) within 48 hours please contact the Health Grants Team on (02) 6289 5600.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.
You can only submit one application as part of this grant opportunity.
To access documents, please select the red "GO Documents" button to the left-hand side.