Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6537
Fair Work Commission (FWC) Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) Base Funding
Show close time for other time zones
On 4 May 2023, the Australian Government announced a commitment of $11.3 billion to support increased wages for aged care workers of 15 per cent as part of the FWC’s interim decision in the Aged Care Work Value Case. This grant opportunity provides $105.1 million funding for CHSP service providers to meet the costs of passing on the minimum award requirements to eligible aged care workers.
The objective of the program is to provide funding for CHSP service providers for the actual cost of increasing wages and associated on-costs from 1 July 2023 to meet minimum award wage requirements.
The intended outcome of the program is CHSP service providers pass on to eligible aged care workers the award wage increases of up to 15 per cent from 1 July 2023.
Aged care workers delivering CHSP services and employed under one of the in-scope awards will be impacted. The awards covered by the FWC’s decision are:
- Aged Care Award 2010
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010 (Schedule E)
- Nurses Award 2020
The award rate changes taking effect from the employee's first full pay period that starts on or after 30 June 2023. For aged care workers paid under the SCHADS award, the increase specifically relates to home care employees (as classified under Schedule E of the Award), who are providing services to an aged person.
The purpose of this grant opportunity is the provision of one-off funding of the actual cost to CHSP service providers to increase the wages of eligible aged care workers to the new minimum award wage in the 2023-24 financial year. Eligible funding approved under this grant opportunity will be included as part of the base funding in forward years.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red "Grant Opportunity Documents" button on the left-hand side.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation ( registered under Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006)
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
If you are applying as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust, the Trustee must have an eligible entity type as listed above.
Applications can only be accepted from:
- An existing CHSP service provider:
- with an executed grant agreement with the Commonwealth, as represented by the Department of Health and Aged Care, to deliver CHSP services that is due to expire on 31July 2024; and
- that employs CHSP aged care workers that are paid under one of the following eligible award types (and must provide evidence of this through a payroll extract or EBA that shows the eligible workers and award payment type / amount):
- that employs CHSP aged care under one or more of the below CHSP service types:
- Allied Health and Therapy Services
- Assistance with Care and Housing
- Centre Based Respite
- CHSP Personal Care
- CHSP Transport
- Cottage Respite
- Domestic Assistance
- Flexible Respite
- Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology
- Home Maintenance
- Home Modifications
- Other Food Services
- Service Systems Development
- Social Support - Group
- Social Support - Individual
- Specialised Support Services
Submit the completed application form and all necessary attachments by the closing date and time via the Online Application Form document located via the "Grant Opportunity Documents" button on the left-hand side.
You should keep a copy of your application and any supporting documents. You will receive an automated email notification acknowledging the receipt of the submission which includes your Submission Reference ID. Retain this ID if you wish to query your application. If you do not receive an automated email notification within 48 hours of submission, please email Grant.ATM@health.gov.au.
Note the 2MB limit per attachment in the application form. Multiple files/documents should be scanned into a single document. Compressed or zip files are not accepted. File names must be unique and not include foreign characters.