Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5527
Indian Ocean Territories Marine Parks Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications via an open process to deliver services under the Indian Ocean Territories (IOT) Marine Parks Grants Program (the program). The Australian Government has allocated up to $2.2 million GST exclusive over 3 years for the program, which forms part of the broader $100 million Ocean Leadership Package announced in April 2021.
The program will support the establishment of 2 new marine parks around Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands over a 3 year period from 2022–23 to 2024–25.
The intended objectives of the program are to:
- enhance the protection, promotion, understanding of and local engagement in the marine environment and marine parks
- support local employment and ecologically sustainable economic growth.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- engagement of IOT communities in the management and protection of the marine environment
- enhanced knowledge to support IOT marine management and protection
- increased appreciation and understanding of the marine environment of the IOTs
- enhanced capacity of IOT communities to manage marine parks
- maintain and improve the health of the marine environment
- creation of employment and other economic opportunities for IOT community members.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government Entity
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Sole Trader
If you are applying as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust, the Trustee must have an eligible entity type as listed above.
Applications from universities and research organisations are welcome, provided they meet one of the eligible entity types listed above and the proposed project aligns with the objectives of this grant opportunity (Section 2.1 of the Guidelines).
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above. Eligible organisations can form a consortia with ineligible organisations.
To apply go to the application form here.
This round is now closing on 23 June 2022 - please see updated Grant Opportunity Gudielines, Questions and Answers document and Sample Application Form uploaded 19 April 2022 for the latest information.