Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO6138
Refugee, Humanitarian Settlement and Migrant Services Program - National Community Hubs Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government has announced a total of $14,693,274 (GST exclusive), from 2023–24 to 2025–26, for ongoing funding for the National Community Hubs Program.
Based in schools, National Community Hubs create spaces to help migrant families, with a focus on mothers with young children, to learn English, develop new skills, find employment, become active participants in the economy, and to access support provided by Commonwealth, State and Local governments.
The objectives are to:
- attract migrant mothers and children to strengthen English language skills and cultural awareness while building social networks
- enable migrant women and their families to better access services provided by the Commonwealth, the State and Territory and the Local Government, in a safe, family friendly environment
- provide an emphasis on early childhood development to improve educational readiness and outcomes for migrant children.
The intended outcomes are to:
- improve access and engagement with existing services, such as language, employment, skills development and health, for migrant families and individuals
- increase learning outcomes for children
- contribute to social cohesion by enhancing the capacity of community organisations and service providers to reach out to migrant communities
- improve language, literacy and learning outcomes for migrants, including for isolated migrant mothers and provide early learning activities for their children
- improve pathways to employment for migrants through educational and social programs. To achieve these outcomes, the National Community Hubs focus on 4 priority areas:
i. engaging and connecting families
ii. preparing children for school
iii. building English language skills
iv. opening up pathways to volunteering and employment.
To be eligible to receive a grant, you must be one of the organisations listed in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect.
By invitation only.