Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO6342
Targeted Call for Research: Ensuring the quality and safety of telehealth 2023
Show close time for other time zones
A Targeted Call for Research (TCR) is a one-time request for grant applications to address a specific health issue and stimulate research on areas of national importance where there is a significant knowledge gap. A TCR specifies the scope and objectives of the research to be proposed, application requirements and procedures, and the review criteria to be applied in the evaluation of applications submitted in response to the TCR.
The TCR: Ensuring the quality and safety of telehealth 2023 grant opportunity aims to stimulate research on telehealth and its potential to achieve positive health outcomes.
The objectives of the TCR: Ensuring the quality and safety of telehealth 2023 grant opportunity are to:
- Identify and understand:
- the factors that influence which populations, health conditions and interactions can be effectively managed by telehealth
- those who may be at risk of poor outcomes or harm
- whether there is the potential for telehealth to broaden inequity in health service access and health outcome of some populations compared to the general population
- Identify what measures can be used by health service providers to guide decision making on whether telehealth is used instead of, or in addition to, other models of care to gain positive health outcomes and optimise resource use.
- Develop tools and supports that assist healthcare providers in the delivery and selection of appropriate telehealth services and modalities that monitor clinical outcomes as well as measures that ensure a high standard of safety, quality, efficacy and continuity of care.
- Develop methods to evaluate the clinical and economic effectiveness, acceptability (patient-clinician/multidisciplinary team experiences), appropriateness and the long-term impacts (positive and negative) of telehealth on clinical outcomes.
Applications will only be accepted from NHMRC approved Administering Institutions. A list of NHMRC approved Administering Institutions is available at:
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Targeted Call for Research: Ensuring the quality and safety of telehealth 2023 Grant Guidelines.
Up to 5 years
From $0.00 to $1,000,000.00
Applications must be submitted electronically using Sapphire (unless otherwise advised by NHMRC).
Minimum data is due 5:00pm (ACT local time) on 16 August 2023