Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5606
Grants to Australian Organisations Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a closed non-competitive process to apply for funding under the Grants to Australian Organisations Program (GAOP).
The Australian Government has announced a total of up to $3.010 million GST exclusive over 3 years from 2022–23 to 2024–25 for the GAOP grant opportunity.
The GAOP grant opportunity provides organisations working in the areas of law reform, legal research, legal education and law enforcement, which are conducting activities that are endorsed for funding by the jurisdictions, with an opportunity to receive grants to support their operational and other expenses.
The objective of the GAOP is to maintain and improve Australia’s law and justice framework through supporting the provision of free public internet access to Australasian legal materials, the provision of education and training programs for law enforcement and Australian judicial officers and others, and research into judicial administration.
The intended outcomes of the GAOP are to:
- increase the knowledge of Australian judicial and law enforcement officers and others
- support the efficient and effective operation of the courts
- improve access to justice through better access to legal information.
To be eligible to receive a grant, you must be one of the organisations listed in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect
- Assessment of applications – Within 2 weeks from the closing date
- Approval of outcomes of selection process – Within 8 weeks from the closing date
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements – Within 8 to10 weeks from the closing date
- Earliest start date of grant activity – August 2022
- End date of grant activity – 30 June 2025
By invitation only.