Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4698
Blockchain Pilot Grants
13 28 46
Show close time for other time zones
The program will provide funding for pilot projects to demonstrate the potential for blockchain to reduce the regulatory compliance burden for business.
Two pilots will be funded at up to $3 million each to develop measures that demonstrate this potential for the Critical Minerals sector and the Food and Beverage sector.
The objectives of the Blockchain Pilot grants are to:
- reduce compliance costs for businesses
- ensure buy-in from regulators
- bolster blockchain literacy and contribute to the overarching objectives of the national roadmap
- develop blockchain solutions for government and showcase to industry the viability of the regulatory efficiencies of blockchain
support the inclusion of blockchain in broader policy work to increase management capability around digital technologies.
A single grant will be provided for each of the two pilots:
- Pilot 1 - Critical Minerals (National Ethical Certification Scheme) to build supply chain integrity and contribute to the Critical Minerals National Ethical Certification Scheme and help our critical minerals businesses get more of their products to international markets
- Pilot 2 - Food and Beverage Provenance (Excise Tax on Spirit Production) to address the challenges of complying with excise tax regulations throughout spirit production and supply.
We expect that successful applications will be a collaboration between multiple organisations, including regulators. Individuals can be included in a consortium.
We also expect that your application will include a plan to showcase Australian start-ups by including one or more Australian blockchain start-ups as part of your consortium or in some particular aspect of your project.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
You must also be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a partnership
- sole trader
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) as defined in the guidelines
Your application must be a joint application. Your application needs to identify and include an eligible lead organisation, who is the main driver of the project, and at least one other project partner.
To apply, go to: www.business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/blockchain-pilot
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.
13 28 46