Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4279
Local Investments Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Local Investments grant opportunity aims to enable strategic and rapid response to local issues through the support of urgent, small scale, proposals to address immediate local need to benefit Indigenous Australians and facilitate improved community and government engagement.
The objective of the Local Investments program is to deliver outcomes aligned to community and government priorities by funding:
- generally small scale, short-term, one-off proposals to address immediate local need and which have community support;
- a variety of activities, ranging from small-scale infrastructure and cultural activities, through to a co-contribution to larger projects; and
- activities that leverage other government funding and may include co-contributions for larger projects with other governments, local councils or organisations.
Potential applicants must first consult with the NIAA Regional Network on 1800 079 098 or through the website https://www.niaa.gov.au/contact-us/regional-network-addresses to discuss particular community needs.
To be eligible to apply for grant funding under the Local Investments grant opportunity you must:
- be invited by the NIAA to apply for funding to address an identified need under the Local Investments program;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) (exemptions may apply in special cases);
- where relevant, be registered for the purposes of GST;
- if an individual, be a permanent resident of Australia; and
- have an account with an Australian financial institution.
Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria outlined in the Local Investments Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Community groups that may not be eligible to apply for funding are encouraged to consider partnering with an eligible organisation.
The maximum grant period is 1 year and is expected to be fully expended within the financial year in which the grant payments commences.
Total funding consists of $6,000,000 per financial year.
Funding Round is open until 17 May 2022 or until funds are exhausted.
From $0.00 to $100,000.00
Under this process only organisations directly approached by the Agency are eligible to apply. The Agency may provide an application form for the applicant to complete. In some cases, where the Agency has sufficient information to prefill an application form,the organisation may not be required to complete an application form; however the Agency may request information from the applicant that is needed to assess the organisation against the eligibility and assessment criteria.
Applicants should review the Local Investments Grant Opportunity Guidelines, which provides key information to assist applicants to complete the application.