Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4406
Indigenous Fire and Land Management Workshops
Show close time for other time zones
This program is part of the Australian Government's $200 million investment in bushfire recovery for native plants, animals, ecological communities and natural assets. This funding aims to support the recovery and long-term resilience of wildlife and their habitat.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support Indigenous organisations, Indigenous businesses and Traditional Owners to lead workshops aimed at sharing and strengthening knowledge of Indigenous fire and land management practices.
There is a maximum of one application per organisation for this grant opportunity.
There is $2 million available for this grant opportunity.
The Minimum grant is $20,000.
The maximum grant is $200,000.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project expenditure.
Your project must be delivered in partnership with local Traditional Owners.
You must complete your project by 1 April 2022.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be a Traditional Owner, Indigenous Organisation or Indigenous Enterprise and be one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- an Indigenous not-for-profit corporation, council or incorporated association
- an Indigenous government agency or body
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
We can only accept applications where:
- you certify that your proposed project does not duplicate other government-funded management actions that are already underway in the location you are proposing to undertake activities
- you certify that you do not have any overdue reports, acquittals or debt associated with previous Australian Government funding
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a non-Indigenous organisation
- an unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust provided they meet the eligibility requirements as described in section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines)
- an individual
- an Australian Commonwealth/State/Territory/Local Government agency or body (however, an Indigenous government agency or body may apply as per section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines)
From $20,000.00 to $200,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/IFLM
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.