Current Grant Opportunity View - GO3904
Australian Airline Financial Relief Package
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity was announced as part of the Government’s response to the economic impact of COVID-19.
The objective of the program is to assist the domestic airline industry in response to the economic pressures created by the impact of COVID-19 by reducing operational cost pressures to improve the ability of airlines to maintain services.
The Government has committed up to $715 million financial assistance to ease the costs and charges of operating domestic commercial air services from 1 February to 31 December 2020. To this end, the Government has announced a series of measures. The measures are:
1. Waiver of fuel excise
2. Waiver of Airservices Australia charges
3. Domestic Aviation Security Charges rebate
4. Offsetting the increased operational costs from the scheduled enhanced regional security screening requirements where they are introduced
5. Providing infrastructure support for regional airport operators to implement the enhanced regional security screening requirements.
Details on the implementation of measures 1 and 3 are provided in these grant opportunity guidelines. Measure 2 is being implemented directly by Airservices Australia and measures 4 and 5 will operate as separate, stand-alone programs.
The Australian Airline Financial Relief Measures (the program) will run over 9 months from 1 April 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Applicable charges applying to flights between 1 February 2020 and 31 December 2020 are eligible for consideration in accordance with the eligibility criteria and related information set out in section 4 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company incorporated by guarantee
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- a partnership
- a joint application
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an individual
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
You must have an Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) authorising services, and provide a copy of this with your application.
Grant payments to eligible organisations equal to amount of excise paid on fuel used for domestic air services, where air services are:
- domestic scheduled RPT services
- domestic commercial charter operations
- aerial agriculture, aerial work & flight training
- contracted aeromedical services
as defined under Australian civil aviation regulations and authorised on your AOC.
Claim will be verified by applying the rate of excise to litres used, as per fuel invoice/evidence provided.
Domestic Aviation Security Rebate
Grant payments to airlines equal to the amount of reasonable airport security costs paid for domestic flights and other associated activity between 1 Feb 2020 and 31 Dec 2020.
Invoices need to show a clear breakdown of charges as separate from any other charges levied.
01 February – 31 December 2020
You must read this document before applying for a grant.
These documents may be found at GrantConnect. Any alterations and addenda will be published on GrantConnect. Register on this website to be automatically notified of changes.
To apply you must:
•complete the attached application form
•provide all the information requested
•meet all eligibility criteria for each part of the package of measuresyou wish to apply for
• include all necessary attachments
Submit your application/s to Australian Airline Financial Relief Package at: COVIDaafrp@infrastructure.gov.au or GPO Box 594, CANBERRA ACT 2601 at any time over the duration of the grant opportunity. The grant opportunity will run from 1 April 2020 to 31 December 2020.
You are responsible for ensuring your application is complete and accurate. Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence under the Criminal Code 1995
We will investigate any false or misleading information provided and may exclude your application from further consideration.
If you find an error in your application after submitting it, you should notify us immediately via email COVIDaafrp@infrastructure.gov.au.
If we find an error or information that is missing, we may ask you for clarification/additional information that will not change the nature of your application.
You should keep a copy of your application and supporting documents.
Your application will be assessed for eligibility in one week. You will be notified of the outcome within 3 business days and, if successful, provided a draft funding agreement. Claims can be lodged once a funding agreement has been executed.
NOT eligible to apply:
• a Commonwealth, state, territory or local government agency or body (including government business enterprises)
• unincorporated association
• overseas resident
• any organisation not included in section 4.1.