Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4428
MRFF 2020 Primary Health Care Research Data Infrastructure
Show close time for other time zones
The 2020 Primary Health Care Research Data Infrastructure grant opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and the Research Data Infrastructure Initiative. This opportunity looks to fund the creation or extension of national research data infrastructure.
It will support world-class health and medical research in Australia. The opportunity focuses on strategic investment in:
- data registries
- data linkage platforms.
The fund will help researchers to collect, share and analyse data more widely. This will help
- make evidence-based care easier for health professionals
- drive efficient use of resources
- support advances in healthcare
Research data infrastructure
Research data infrastructure has a specific definition for this grant opportunity. It refers to infrastructure and tasks that will enable the better use of health and medical research data.
Data tasks include:
- data generation
It also includes activities that:
- help data to be exchange securely
- help data to be better understood and used with confidence
- build the digital health capacity of the workforce
You must also select one or more of the primary health care setting streams that the research project falls under:
- Residential aged care
- Urban general practitioner-led practices
- Rural general practitioner-led practices
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs)
- Other settings including, but not limited to, nurses, allied health professionals, midwives, pharmacists, dentists, and Aboriginal health workers
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians. By developing digitally-enabled models of primary health care that improve patient outcomes as listed in the guidelines.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
You must also be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity
We encourage joint applications provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- details of your nominated Chief Investigator A (CIA), the person who will take the lead role in conducting the project
- details of all members of your research team listed as Chief Investigators (CIs)
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable
From $1,000,000.00 to $2,000,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/mrff-rdi
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.