Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5326
Commonwealth Home Support Programme Extension 1 July 2022 – 30 June 2023
Show close time for other time zones
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) aims to support frail, older people aged 65 years and over (or aged 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) to live as independently as possible in their own home and community for as long as they can and wish to do so.
On 11 May 2021, the Australian Government announced the extension of funding arrangements for the CHSP from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023. The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
• extend the grant funding arrangements of current CHSP service providers through to 30 June 2023;
• provide continued support to over 825,000 CHSP clients currently receiving entry level in home aged care services; and
• vary the grant agreements of eligible CHSP providers to better reflect their performance and local service delivery demands.
To view the Grant Opportunity Guidelines, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left hand side.
To be eligible you must be:
- one of the listed organisations in Appendix A and have received an invitation email from the Department of Health; and
- have an executed grant agreement with the Commonwealth as represented by the Department of Health to deliver CHSP services that is due to expire on 30 June 2022.
Eligible organisations will be contacted by the Department of Health and offered an opportunity to apply for extension through responding to an indicative letter of offer.